Welcome to Lake Washington Toddler Group! We hope you and your child will have an exciting and educational year!
We have created this Parent resource section to contain information relating to you and your child while you attend Lake Washington Toddler Group.
Calendar of Events
View our calendar of events to see upcoming speakers, family events, school breaks and more.
Fundraising & Support
Fundraising is an important part of the Lake Washington Toddler Group program. We ask that each family raise $40 in fundraising (through the Charleston Wrap fundraiser, Spring Carnival raffle tickets, or direct donations). Your fundraising efforts and donations provide fee waivers, classroom supplies and parent education lectures. Every donation helps!
Illness and Communicable Disease
If you or your child is ill, please stay home and take care of yourself. Be sure and contact your teacher to let them know you will miss class. Children and adults with a known or suspected communicable disease are not permitted to attend class. Children and adults with any of the following symptoms will not be permitted at school:
- Fever of 100°F (under arm) or higher
- Vomiting on 2 or more occasions within the past 24 hours
- Sore throat
- Diarrhea – 3 or more watery stools within a 24 hour period or 1 bloody stool
- Rash, especially with fever or itching
- Eye discharge or pinkeye. Children can be readmitted after medical diagnosis to rule out bacterial or viral infection or 24 hours on antibiotic treatment.
- Fatigue that prevents participation in regular activities, sick appearance, not feeling well.
- Open or oozing sores, unless properly covered, or 24 hours on antibiotic treatment.
- Lice and scabies – children and staff may return to school after treatment. Contact local Health District for treatment protocol.
Please see the Parent Handbook for more information.
Did you know that LWTG has a library of children’s books and parenting resources that you can check-out? Click here to learn more.
OPEP Safety Orientation Video
The OPEP Safety Video can be viewed on YouTube: https://youtu.be/6Y-3hSiz9Is
Please take a look at our Parent Handbook to learn more about what you can expect this year and your role in class.
Preschool Night is an opportunity for parents to talk to and gather information on a variety of different preschools from around the area. You will receive information about tuition & fees, class schedules, the philosophy of the school, and more. This event is held once a year in January.
Looking to expand your child’s library? Our monthly Scholastic Book orders are an easy way to add lots of amazing, competitively priced books to your home collection.
Your turn to bring a snack? Here are some ideas to help!
- whole wheat pita & hummus
- carrot sticks, cucumbers & dip
- crackers & cheese
- frozen gogurt yogurt
- fruit kabobs
- melba toast
- plain yogurt with maple syrup
- snap pea crisps
- whole grain bagels with cream cheese
- organic sliced apples sold in individual serving bags
- pineapple or mandarin orange fruit cups
- yobaby yogurt
- fruit smoothies
- rice cakes
- annie’s bunny snacks
Please do not provide snacks that have nuts or peanut oil in them. In addition we cannot serve popcorn.
LWTG will follow Lake Washington School District (LWSD) with respect to snow closures. If the school district cancels or delays classes, LWTG classes will be canceled. If you are uncertain of the status of your class, please check www.schoolreport.com or watch for an email from your teacher.
Student Email, Photo ID & Discounts
Our co-op parenting education program is sponsored by Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech), therefore LWTG parents are eligible to receive an LWTech Student Email account and an LWTech Student Photo ID card (for more information on how to get these, visit our Student Email, Photo ID & Discounts page). Once you have your Student Photo ID, you can use it for eligible student discounts.